Four Pillars Hotels recognises its responsibility to respect the environment and will strive to achieve environmental best practice throughout its business activity.
A duty of care
- We believe that everyone has a duty of care to the environment and to seek ways to conserve natural resources.
- We are conscious of environmental issues and we believe that the pursuit of economic growth can be linked to ecological protection. This is a collective issue which is the responsibility of government, business and the community at large.
- In pursuit of our business goals, we will seek to minimise the wastage of raw materials and energy, and to minimise harmful emissions resulting from our activities.
- We will comply with all relevant legislation concerning the environment and will actively co-operate with the authorities on environmental protection matters. Where regulations do not exist we may set our own standards of environmental performance. To this end we will conduct internal environmental reviews and annually assess our progress towards an improved environmental performance.
- We will inform our suppliers and contractors of our Environmental Policies and will monitor their performance to ensure that the goods and services they provide meet our environmental objectives.
- Our customers and guests will be made aware of our initiatives and we will encourage them to help us achieve our environmental goals.
- Our employees will be provided with the information, instruction and training necessary to fulfill the requirements of the policy.
- All hotel General Managers will develop action plans to implement this policy and report annually on its progress. The policy will be monitored to ensure it is effective and will be regularly reviewed and revised as necessary.